POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) : Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb)
From: JRG
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:16:18
Message: <3b2a34d2@news.povray.org>
"Chris Poole" <chr### [at] usaskca> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I find the lack of technical equipment/tools adds to the mystery of this
> picture. The batteries, screws etc are all too big for the spider device.
> Where did it come from ... how did it get built... how did the person get
> it???

Well, to say the truth, I'd want you to know that the spider has been built.
If the scene doesn't show this, well, there's lack of something...

> If you want to go the other way & imply that it is being built, then you
> would need small screws, small precision (jewelers) screw drivers, small
> pliers, perhaps a spare leg joint/hinge, small circuit board, small
electric
> motor, etc...

I tried to model a small circuit board, but I didn't get any good result.
Probably I need to find some photos or drawings to use as reference. BTW
I'll try to add smaller screws, screwdrivers et similia.

> The main things that bother me about the picture is the was the top of the
> computer monitor disappears but the screen display  goes up into the
> blackness. I think that the screen would be better without the spider
> display, just the mysterious green character cell text.

I didn't notice it before you told me, but doesn't this happen in real life?
IMHO the shadow shouldn't darken the PC screen since it's emitting light. I
may be wrong.

> Still a fantastic picture...

Thank you a lot.

JRG.